A 12-day NABARD-MEDP Training on “Commercial Horticulture” was conducted in Daivakundu Community Resource Centre from 03rd March 2021 to 09th March 2021 and from 13th March 2021 to 17th March 2021. 30 tribal farmers from Daivakundu, Dundoor and Kallamala hamlets of Agali Panchayat participated in the program.
The following areas were broadly covered in the 12-days of the training:
- Technical aspects of horticulture
- Farm Management, Harvest, Simple Value-addition, Processing and Marketing
- Entrepreneurship Development
- Financial Management, Banking services and financial literacy
- Farmer collectives and farmer producer organization
The classes were taken by experts in the respective fields. The training involved a combination of lecture, interactive classes, games, demonstrations, case studies etc.